Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Inspiration from the Streets

 Over Spring Break, I tasked my Digital File Preparation students with taking pictures of inspiration in their surroundings. Even if they didn't go to Holland, which a former student did, they could still take stock of their everyday surroundings and decide on elements that inspired them....either favorably or not. Here are a few examples of pictures I took on a recent trip.

 I thought this logo was very fresh, especially for home decor. Great typography and simple use of an icon.

 I loved this window display from a vintage clothing store

 QR codes at work. This was a poster hanging in the window.

 A three sided sculpture of emoticons

 Loved the idea of this Screen Printing shop that was housed in a former church


 Package design is always a big draw and in my case is accountable for 90% of my impulse buying. I loved the "doodle" feel of the typography on this label.


 Very retro typography and icons







No comments:

Post a Comment